Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Found the magical song

Cooper has moments where he does not want to sit still and have a diaper changed or get dressed. There is just too much to do for him to be tied down for 2 minutes! We've tried tactics to get him to cooperate-stuffed animal, toy, funny faces....turns out the ABC song works like magic! I started it about 2 days ago and he would just smile. Steve and I sing together and he just goes back and forth watching us with a huge grin. Well tonight he really wanted to go play with his train, but it was way past his bed time and that train could keep him busy for a long time. I had to wrestle with the little guy for a few and then remembered the song. Instantly he melted and just smiled at my musical voice (hahaha). THEN I paused a second (probably because I couldn't do 2 things at once) and he filled in a letter for me. We then proceeded to sing the song at least 10 more times where I'd pause and Cooper would fill in letters as I stopped! He's a genius. We've only been singing the song for a few days and already he knows the order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment