Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Cooper loves his books. He has a few we've read constantly: Goodnight Moon for the first 18 months or so. We were excited when he could point out various parts of the book-the red balloon and the bears in the picture. Then Goodnight Gorilla when he'd be able to say and point out the animals in the book as the gorilla used the zookeeper's key to unlock all the cages. Now his favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom which helps him learn the lowercase alphabet. He's did great with that only gets the n-calls it a u, p and q gets mixed up, d and b-all the normal switches. He knows almost the whole book and says it with me as we read it. I found the book on youtube being read as a song, and he gets a kick out of watching the book on the computer. Randomly as he's playing he'll starting saying parts of the book.
I've been singing "You Are My Sunshine" to him since he was a little baby. A few nights ago, I paused and he filled in the words. Melted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment