Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dinner

Little man is definitely becoming more and more independent.....it makes me sad, but the personality that is emerging is absolutely wonderful!!

Tonight at dinner I was making a dish for Steve and I while Cooper ate his dinner. He ate everything by himself out of a bowl (and the bowl never hit the floor). Green beans, chicken tenders and kiwi. We've taught him the sign for drink, more, and eat.....when he wants more we remind him to show us more. Usually he's really good about showing us. Tonight he saw that there was more chicken cut up for him on a separate plate. He made his piercing sound telling me he wanted more, but I kindly gave a reminder about showing me more not yelling about it. He still yelled and proceeded to stretch far enough to grab the plate of chicken and help himself. A few minutes later he finished and again wanted more (this child loves to eat!!). Again with the yelling...again with the more reminder. I walked over to the high chair and showed him more with his hands. He just looked at me with this look I can't even explain, shook his head no, and proceeded to eat all the crumbs off his tray and bib. It was as if he was telling me: I'm not going to do the more sign and I'll just show you by eating these measley crumbs!

Also today, he climbed up and down the stairs all by himself without anyone knowing where he was. We went looking for him and there he was downstairs already (heading towards his snack cabinet!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment